The villagers built the present church in 1843 on top of the castle, when the latter's last owner gifted it to the community. It has since been deconsecrated.
The earlier Gothic chapel, now a romantic ruin behind the cemetery, dates from the 13th century, and like the church was dedicated to the patron saint of the Hospitaller Knights, John the Baptist. His image graces the church's fine bronze bell, restored in 2002, together with those of a Latin cross and a Virgin with Child.
In the cemetery below the church are buried generations of village families, including the Caumettes, Rouquettes and Salles.
The church belongs to the local commune (municipality), and is being restored by the voluntary association Blanc: sauvegarde, réhabilitation as a cultural space.